Friday, May 15th
HAPPY FRIDAY MY LOVLIES
Respect Proverb for Today:
Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery for all to see, it is just a tiny spark that whispers, "You got this. Keep going"...Jacqui JQ Le Riche
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Unit 8: Properties of Polygons
Session 1.2 Quadrilaterals: Two the Same, One Different
Learning - I can use attributes to classify quadrilaterals . I can identify the properties of categories of quadrilaterals
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video or lesson, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
1- Click on the Math, Words and Ideas link to help with today's lesson Properties of Quadrilaterals Be sure to scroll down on slide 1 to see all the examples. Check out slide 2 to test your knowledge!
2-Use these Printable Shape Cards(only the quadrilaterals) and this Chart, Attributes of Quadrilaterals Chart, to help you identify 2 quadrilaterals that share the same attributes and 1 quadrilateral that does not, to help you complete pages 539-540 by clicking on the links
3- Please record your work in a notebook or on a piece of paper. Or, use the printable pages. Be sure to include the name of the lesson, date and page number. When finished, answer questions about the lesson by clicking here Properties of Quadrilaterals Form
4 - Click on the purple link to practice Fact Fluency - MobyMax Fact Fluency
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
The Dog Newspaper by Peg Kehret
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can write an autobiography. I can use narrative techniques and descriptive details to develop experiences.
1. Read Narrative Writing (Autobiography) p. 562-563 by clicking the link--> e-book.
2. Read about how to write a good Autobiography---> Writer's Handbook Autobiography.
3. Follow the tasks on the Autobiography writing assignment on Microsoft Teams. Please remember to click "Turn in".
4. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
It's Music Time
Now its time to "RAP" up what you have learned about Quadrilaterals
Click the linkQuadrilaterials Rap Then scroll down to the third video, Club Quad
and get jiggy wit it!!
Check out the next Quadrilateral Video below. Which one do you like best and why? How are the videos the same? How are they different? Shoot me a remind message to let me know or email me, firstname.lastname@example.org!!!!!