Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Monday, April 20th
Perseverance Proverb for Monday: Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow!
Temperature, Growth and Height
Unit 5: Session 1.1
Learning - I can understand the meaning of points on a coordinate graph. I can interpret the shape of a graph in terms of the situation the graph represents.
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
- The video should now work. Once you do this on your device it will automatically go to the video from now on!
1st Click on the orange link to watch the Math, Words and Ideas video (slide 1 only) - Coordinate Planes
2nd Click on the green link to analyze/study the line graph - Temperature in Two Cities
3rd. Carefully read the questions on page 274 and 275 (1-12) by clicking the purple link below
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
We Were There, Too by Phillip Hoose
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on-line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can acquire and use vocabulary by reading the 10 vocabulary cards. - I can respond to a prompt on Patriotism by writing a paragraph.
1. Find the vocabulary cards for Lesson 15 on p. 141a-150b- starts with "rural". Link ---> Unit 15 Vocabulary Cards
2. Read all ten cards. Complete the vocabulary activity on Microsoft Teams under assignments.
3. Read page 446-447 in the student e-text "Preview the Topic" Link---> e-book (You may use the audio button on the left). Complete the activity on Patriotism on Microsoft Teams under assignments.
4. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
♥ SCIENCE ROCKS ♥
WHEN YOU HEAR THE WORD ENERGY, WHAT'S THE FIRST THOUGHT THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND?
Did you know that energy is never created or destroyed.....Hmmm! What do you think happens to eneergy if it is not created or destroyed?
Well, Moby and his friend Tim are hear to explain just that!
Learning - I can define energy and how the common forms of energy are recognized.
1st - Click on the link, forms of energy and watch the video, forms of energy Forms of Energy
***If the link does not work, sign-in using Clever. Both your username and password is your student number. Once you get in, click on Brain Pop. Then click on the notification bell that will take your lesson.***
2nd - Click on the domain specific Forms of Energy Vocablary Words. Read each card aloud. Flip the cards
over and write the definition of each word. Next, use the word correctly in a complete sentence (you can not use the definition of the word as a sentence)
3rd - "Have fun! Click on the interactive Forms of Energy simulation card. Play around to become familiar
with how the simulation works. Next, carefully read and answer questions 1-3
4th - Almost done! Now click on the Forms of Energy Movie Review
****Now it is time to put what you've learn in "MOTION"**** ⇒ Forms of Energy Form
Time to unwind
Monday Fun Day!!! Check out Mr. Griggs' website to see what he has planned to help keep you active and healthy
*Run or jog in place for 30 second
*Arm Circles – 10 forward and 10 backward
*Toe Touches – Hold the stretch for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
*10 Sit-ups or 10 Crunches
*10 Jumping Jacks
*Pick 3 exercises from the above list
PE Lessons at Home
(Click on the lesson) Underhand Toss