If you were a music composer, do you think you would be able to compse music if you were deaf?
Friday, May 29th
Respect Proverb for Friday:
The more you know and respect yourself, the more impact you will have on people around you....Maxime Lagace
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
End of the Year Review
Multiplying Decimal Numbers
-I can use decimal place value to multiply decimal numbers
-I can use decimal place value to solve decimal word problems
1. For today's math, you are going to practice/review what you have learned this year about adding decimals. Sign-in to MobyMax where you should find assigned lessons. Please take your time and read carefully.
2. Practice your MobyMax Fact Fluency!
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
Title: The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
- I can read an informational text to gain knowledge about horses.
- I can make a text to self connection by writing a story that includes an interesting plot with vivid details.
1. Read Horse Power by Keelah Malcolm on p. 618-620 by clicking the link--> e-book.
2. In Black Stallion, Alec befriended the Black Stallion. Your task is to make a Text to Self Connection asking yourself,, "If you could befriend any wild animal, which would it be and why? What would the experience be like?" You are creating an imaginative story about your special relationship with the animal. Make sure you follow ALL of the bullets in the task so that you have an interesting plot with vivid details. Your writing should be deveonnection writing assignment is on Microsoft Teams. Please remember to click "Turn in".
4. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
It's Music Time
Beethoven, a Great Composer
How did he continue to compose music when he was deaf?
Click the linkBeethoven to find out