Thursday, May 21st
Respect Proverb for Thursday:
Respect the rights of others and you will have peace....Mexican Proverb
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Unit 8:Properties of Polygons
Learning I can use attributes to classify triangles and quadrilaterals.
I can recognize that a polygon can belong to more than one category.
1. For today's math, you are going to practice/review what you have learned about polygons, specifically triangle and quadrilaterals. Sign-in to MobyMax where you should find an assigned lesson. Please take your time and read carefully.
2. Practice your MobyMax Fact Fluency!
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
LAFFF: Best Shorts by Lensey Namioka
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can read and comprehend a persuasive text titled, "Volunteer!". I can make a text-self connection by writing a detailed paragraph.
1. Read Volunteer! p. 586-588 by clicking the link --> e-book
2. Complete a text-self connection by writing a persuasive paragraph in which you imagine you are a reporter covering a cause that needs support in your community. You must have a call to action that will motivate readers to help! The assignments in Microsoft Teams. Be sure to click "Turn In" when finished.
3. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
TIME TO GET MOVING, TODAY IS GYM
*Run or jog in place for 30 second *Arm Circles – 10 forward and 10 backward -10 Twist
*Toe Touches – Hold the stretch for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
*10 Sit-ups or 10 Crunches *10 Push-ups *10 Jumping Jacks Cool Down
*Pick 3 exercises from the above list
PE Lessons at Home
(Click on the lesson) Jump Rope Activities