Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Maple Avenue Elementary
YEARBOOKS ARE NOW ON SALE
Online Yearbook Sales Only!
Ordering available until:
May 29, 2020
To order your yearbook visit: www.inter-state.com/yearbook
and enter code: 44658W
Friday, April 24th
Perseverance Proverb for Friday: One is defeated only when one accepts defeat.....Marshal Foch
A GROWTH PATTERN THAT FOLLOWS A RULE
Unit 5: Session 1.5
Learning -I can interpret the shape of a graph in terms of the situation the graph represents.
- I can describe the relationship between two varying quantities related by a rule (e.g., age and height).
-I can use numerical relationships generated by a given rule to solve problems in that context.
-I can interpret values of the points on a coordinate grid in the context of the situation.
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
- The video should now work. Once you do this on your device it will automatically go to the video from now on!
2nd - Complete the Activities on p. 295-297 --->Flickerbill's Growth Please draw and fill in your table and graph in a notebook or on a sheetof paper
3rd -Record your, answers by clicking on Flickerbill Form
Click on the purple link to practice Fact Fluency - MobyMax Fact Fluency
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
We Were There, Too by Phillip Hoose
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can write a persuasive essay using my graphic organizer from last week on Microsoft Teams.
1. Read Opinion Writing p. 472-473 by clicking the link--> e-book.
2. Review your graphic organizer on Microsoft Teams from last week on the Corona Virus. Use your organizer to write a persuasive essay following the directions on Microsoft Teams. ***I have included the organizer again on Teams if you did not complete the assignment last week***
3. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you this read on this reading calendar --> Reading Calendar.
It's Music time
Learn and explore instruments around the world! (PBS KIDS)