Monday, May 19th
Respect/Resilient Proverb for Monday:
I never thought about losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right...Muhammad Ali
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Properties of Polygons
Unit 8: Session 1.4 Relationships Among Polygons
-I can use attritributes to classify quadrilaterals
-I can identify the properties of categories of quadrilaterals
-I can recognize that a polygon can belong to more than one category
-I can classify triangles by the sizes of their angles and the length of their sides
1. Today, you will check out another NEARPOD titled: Quadrilaterals. (Code is KLYNI if needed) Please read carefully, participate in all slides, and take your time.
2. Complete the form to show what you know! Quadrilaterals Form
3. Practice your MobyMax Fact Fluency!
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
Title: Darnell Rock Reporting by Walter Dean Myers
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can use the RACE strategy to answer a comprehension questions. I can use story details to make inferences and support with text evidence.
1. As you read/listen to the text, think about how both arguments are presented and about how the story turns out. Try to identify the author's purpose or reason for writing this story. Read/listen to p. 568--581 by clicking the link e-book
2. Complete the RACE Questions Assignment on Microsoft Teams. Don't forget to click "Turn In".
3. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
You can work on this Nearpod throughout the week! It is due Friday
Learning - I can describe how people affect Latin America
Today you are going check out a Nearpod presentation called The People of Latin America. When it asks for your "nickname." please type your first name. Read through or listen to the slides and enjoy some videos and simulations. Be sure to take your time and answer the polls, questions, and activities. In order to have this nearpod recorded as completed, you must do ALL the pages and complete EVERTHING that it asks you to. Have Fun!
Click hereThe People of Latin America
If you need a code, here it is :) JYTOS