Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Monday, May 11th
Respect Proverb for Monday:
Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners....Laurence Sterne
Temperature, Height, and Growth
Unit 5: Quiz 1
-I can identify points in a graph with the corresponding ordered pairs in a table
-I can describe the relationship between two varying quantities related by a rule (e.g., age and height)
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video or lesson, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
Complete the quiz by clicking on forms. Be sure to read the questions and choices carefully. Make sure you answer all questions and check your work before you submit.
Ela (Language Arts)
Title: The Dog Newspaper, by Peg Kerhert
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can acquire and use vocabulary by reading the 10 vocabulary cards.
1. Find the vocabulary cards for Lesson 18 on p. 538-539- starts with "career" student e-book
2. Read all ten cards. Practice the vocabulary using Quizlet (on Teams), then complete the vocabulary activity on Microsoft Teams under assignments.
3. Read page 540-541 "Read and Comprehend" in the student e-book (You may use the audio button on the left). Complete the activity Previewing the Topic: Creative Writing on Microsoft Teams (**Second page on the vocabulary assignment**).
4. Independent Reading- It's May. Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can print and record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
♥ SCIENCE ROCKS ♥
HOW IS EARTH'S GRAVITY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PLANETS?
Check out the Nearpod presentation to find out!!
Learning - I can explain the presence of Earth's Gravitational pull
Today you are going into Outer Space again with this Nearpod presentation. When it asks for your "nickname." please type your first name. Read through the slides to learn about Gravitional Forces. Some of the slides can be read to you! A few slides may have more than one slide on that page. Just look to the left and you will see double slides. You must participate in the questions, polls and simulations as you go. Have Fun, but Don't Float Away!
****If it asks for a student code, it is GKIUZ****
Click hereGRAVITATIONAL FORCES
****Please go through slides slowly so you do not miss anything, sometimes it takes a few seconds to load****
You can work on this Nearpod throughout the week! It is due Friday
TIME TO GET MOVING, TODAY IS GYM
*Run or jog in place for 30 second
*Arm Circles – 10 forward and 10 backward -10 Twist
*Toe Touches – Hold the stretch for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
*10 Sit-ups or 10 Crunches *10 Push-ups *10 Jumping Jacks
*Pick 3 exercises from the above list
PE Lessons at Home
(Click on the lesson) Fitness Stations