Maple Avenue Elementary
YEARBOOKS ARE NOW ON SALE
Online Yearbook Sales Only!
Ordering available until:
May 29, 2020
To order your yearbook visit: www.inter-state.com/yearbook
and enter code: 44658W
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Tuesday, April 28th
Perseverance Proverb for Tuesday: If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it.....Ronnie Lott
Another Kind of Animal
Unit 5: Session 1.7
Learning -I can interpret the shape of a graph in terms of the situation the graph represents
-I can compare situations by describing differences in their graphs
-I can articulate a rule that describes a numerical pattern
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
- The video should now work. Once you do this on your device it will automatically go to the video from now on!
2nd -Complete the table on page 304 and the graph on page 305 by clicking on Fastwalker
3rd - Please draw and fill in your table and graph in a notebook or on a piece of paper. When finished, answer the questions about the lesson by clicking here Form
4th- Click on the purple link to practice Fact Fluency - MobyMax Fact Fluency
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
Title: Lunch Money by Andrew Clements
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can accurately record details and quotes to infer author's purpose. I can monitor text details to clarify understanding.
1. As you read/listen to the text, look for text evidence and details about the character, setting, and plot. Read/listen to p. 482-493 by clicking the link ---> e-book
2. Read "Dig Deeper" on p. 494-495 by clicking the link ---> e-book. Fill out the graphic organizer on Microsoft Teams by using text evidence and details about the character, setting, and plot to infer, or figure out, the author's purpose.
3. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
Today you will experience your second Nearpod presentation. When it asks for your "nickname" please type your first name. Read through the slides to learn about Latin America. Some of the slides can be read to you! You must participate in the questions and polls as you go. Hope you have fun! ****If it asks for a student code, it is JSACE
Click here --->Latin America's Commonalities
****Please go through slides slowly so you do not miss anything, sometimes it takes a few seconds to load****
You can work on this Nearpod throughout the week! It is due Friday