Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Thursday, April 23rd
Perseverance Proverb for Thursday: Perseverance is the hard work after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did....Newt Gringrich
Temperature, Growth and Height
Unit 5: Session 1.4
Learning I can interpret the shape of a graph in terms of the situation the graph represents.
I can generate ordered pairs and record them in a table.
I can identify points in a graph with corresponding ordered pairs in a table.
I can interpret values of the points on a coordinate grid in the context of the situation.
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
- The video should now work. Once you do this on your device it will automatically go to the video from now on!
1st - Click on the purple links to watch the Math, Words and Ideas video -Ordered Pairs
and then the video, Telling Stories from the Graphs
2nd -Carefully read the Growth Stories on page 291 by clicling on the purple link -Representing Growth Stories: Tara and Nat
3rd - Use the stories of Tony, Maya and Susie to complete the table on page 292(at the bottom right of page 291, click the froward arrow)
4th - Now use the completed table on page 292 to complete the graph on page 293When finished, copy your answers to this form. ---> Representing Growth Stories: Tony, Maya, and Susie Form
*******an extra graph is attached if you need one. Click here - Extra Graph Paper
5th - Click on the purple link to practice Fact Fluency - MobyMax Fact Fluency
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
We Were There, Too by Phillip Hoose
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can compare and contrast to understand relationships between people, events, & ideas. - I can use text details to monitor and clarify understanding.
1. Reread p. 448-461 by clicking the link--> e-book.
2. Answer the question using the RACE strategy by going to Assignments in Microsoft Teams.
3. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
THRILLING THURSDAY!!! Check out what Mr. Griggs' has planned today to help keep you active and healthy
*Run or jog in place for 30 second
*Arm Circles – 10 forward and 10 backward
*Toe Touches – Hold the stretch for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
*10 Sit-ups or 10 Crunches
*10 Jumping Jacks
*Pick 3 exercises from the above list
PE Lessons at Home
(Click on the lesson) Spare Change Basketball