Monday, May 18th
Respect/Resilient Proverb for Monday:
If the fire in your heart is strong enough, it will burn away any obstacles that come your way...Suzy Kassem
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Properties of Polygons
Unit 8: Session 1.3 Properties of Quadrilaterals
-I can use attritributes to classify quadrilaterals
-I can identify the properties of categories of quadrilaterals
-I can recognize that a polygon can belong to more than one category
1. Today, you will check out a NEARPOD titled: Special Quadrilaterals. (Code is IXERQ if needed) Please read carefully, participate in all slides, and take your time.
2. Complete the form to show what you know! Properties of Quadrilaterals Form
3. Practice your MobyMax Fact Fluency!
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
Title: Darnell Rock Reporting by Walter Dean Myers
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can acquire and use vocabulary by reading the 10 vocabulary cards. - I can respond to a prompt on Creative Writing by writing a paragraph.
1. Find the vocabulary cards for Lesson 1 on p. 181a-190b- starts with "urge". Link Unit 19 Vocabulary Cards
2. Read all ten cards. Practice the vocabulary using Quizlet (on Teams), then complete the vocabulary activity on Microsoft Teams under assignments.
3. Read page 566-567 "Read and Comprehend" in the student e-text Link e-book (You may use the audio button on the left). Complete the activity Previewing the Topic-Community Involvement on Microsoft Teams under assignments.
4. Independent Reading- It's May. Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can print and record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
♥ SCIENCE ROCKS ♥
Learning - I can analyze the energy of an object
Today you are going check out a Nearpod presentation called Speed and Energy. When it asks for your "nickname." please type your first name. Read through or listen to the slides and enjoy some videos and simulations. Be sure to take your time and answer the polls, questions, and activities. In order to have this nearpod recorded as completed, you must do ALL the pages and complete EVERTHING that it asks you to. Have Fun!
If you need a code, here it is :) ATUIQ
ALL SCIENCE WORK IS DUE FRIDAY :)
TIME TO GET MOVING, TODAY IS GYM
*Run or jog in place for 30 second
*Arm Circles – 10 forward and 10 backward -10 Twist
*Toe Touches – Hold the stretch for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
*10 Sit-ups or 10 Crunches *10 Push-ups *10 Jumping Jacks
*Pick 3 exercises from the above list
PE Lessons at Home
(Click on the lesson) Bowling