What was school like long ago???
Find out below!
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Wednesday, May 13th
Respect Proverb for Wednesday:
See the light in others, and treat them as if that is all you see...Dr. Dawyne Dyer
Staircase Towers: Jumps of 2
Unit 5: Session 2.6
-I can analyze and compare patterns generated by different rules
-I can interpret a numerical pattern in the table in terms of the situation it represents
-I can interpret the shape of a graph in terms of the situation the graph represents
-I can compare situations by describing differences in their graphs
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video or lesson, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
2. Carefully read the directions on page 340, and complete the table by clicking the link below
Click the blue link below for printable grid paper or the centeimeter grid to help you build the staircase tower.
Printable 1x1 grid paper to cut out and use as tiles or, Centimeter Grid Paper to draw the Towers with jumps of 2
3. Remember to draw and fill in the Staircase Towers: Jumps of 2 table in a notebook or on a sheet of paper or use the printable. Be sure to include the date and title of the lesson. When finished,
ONLY answer questions 1-4 about the lesson by clicking on Form Leave the form up to finish in step 5.....Do not submit the form yet.
4. Use your table from p.340 to complete the graph on page 342 by clicking on Click this blue link for Printable Graph Paper
5. Now go back to the form and answer questions 5-6. Be sure to check your work before you submit.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
The Dog Newspaper by Peg Kehret
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can use the RACE strategy to answer a comprehension questions. I can use story details to make inferences and support with text evidence.
1. Reread The Dog Newspaper p.542-551 by clicking the link--> e-book. An autobiography is a person's account of his or her life. As you read/listen to the text, think about quotes or details from the text that include important facts and opinions.
2. Read "Dig Deeper" on p. 552-553 by clicking the link ---> e-book. Fill out the graphic organizer on Microsoft Teams to identify facts and opinions about the author's life and also about her dog, B.J.
3. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
Today is our library day. Check out the interactive Scholastic News Article (also includes a video, game, vocabulary and other activities)
Also, remember to work on the Science assignment from Monday and/or the Social Studies assignment from Tuesday.
They are due Friday - 5/15/20