Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Maple Avenue Elementary
YEARBOOKS ARE NOW ON SALE
Online Yearbook Sales Only!
Ordering available until:
May 29, 2020
To order your yearbook visit: www.inter-state.com/yearbook
and enter code: 44658W
Monday, April 27th
Perseverance Proverb for Monday: Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.....Oliver Goldsmith
Comparing Animals' Growth
Unit 5: Session 1.6
Learning -I can interpret the shape of a graph in terms of the situation the graph represents.
-I can describe the relationship between two varying quantities relatedby a rule (e.g., age and height).
-I can identify points in a graph with the corresponding ordered pairs in a table.
-I can compare situations by describing differences in their graphs.
***IMPORTANT. When you click on the video or lesson, it will prompt you to a Pearson Sign In. Follow these directions:
- Please click Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Audio
- Type in Niagara Falls City School District and press "Go"
- Click "Sign in as a Student
- Have your child put their user name to log in to their computer at school. Their password is their student ID #.
2nd - Click on this purple link to complete the chart on page 301 and the graph on page 302
click here The Krink, the Trifoot and the Water Weasel
3rd - Please draw and fill in your table and graph in a notebook or on a piece of paper. Be sure to include the name of the lesson and page number. When finished, answer the questions about the lesson by clicking here Form
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Title: Lunch Money by Andrew Clements
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can acquire and use vocabulary by reading the 10 vocabulary cards.
- I can respond to a prompt on Visual Arts by writing a paragraph.
1. Find the vocabulary cards for Lesson 16 on p. 151a-160b- starts with "feature". Link ---> Unit 16 Vocabulary Cards
2. Read all ten cards. Complete the vocabulary activity on Microsoft Teams under assignments.
3. Read page 480-481 "Read and Comprehend" in the student e-text Link---> e-book (You may use the audio button on the left). Complete the activity on Visual Arts on Microsoft Teams under assignments.
4. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
♥ SCIENCE ROCKS ♥
WHY IS IT IMPORTNT TO CONSERVE ENERGY IF ENERGY IS NEVER CREATED OR DESTROYED?
Well, Moby and his friend Tim are hear to explain just that!
Learning - I can explain the Law of Conservation of Energy
- I can explain how and why it is important to conserve energy
1st - Click on the link, Conserving Energy and watch the video below Conserving Energy
***If the link does not work, sign-in to BrainPop using Clever. Both your username and password is your student number. Once you get in, click on BrainPop. Then click on the notification bell that will take your lesson.***
2nd - Click on the domain specific Conserving Energy Vocablary Words. Read each card aloud. Flip the cards over and write the definition of each word. Next, use the word correctly in a complete sentence (you can not use the definition of the word as a sentence)
3rd -Click on the Related Reading to learn more interesting facts about conserving energy
4th - Now, click on the Worksheet card and use the the information you learned about conserving energy to choose one thing Maple Avenue could do to raise awareness about energy conservation, and/or to become a more energy-efficient school. Write a persuasive letter to Mrs. Zafuto explaining why Maple should adopt your idea.
5th - Lastly, take the Conserving Energy Quiz
****** Conserving Energy Assignment is due Friday, May 1st.*******
Time to get fit
Monday Fun Day!!! Let's see what is planned to help keep you active and healthy this week
*Run or jog in place for 30 second
*Arm Circles – 10 forward and 10 backward
*Toe Touches – Hold the stretch for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
*10 Sit-ups or 10 Crunches
*10 Jumping Jacks
*Pick 3 exercises from the above list
PE Lessons at Home
(Click on the lesson) Spare Change Basketball