Wednesday, May 20th
Respect/Resilient Proverb for Wednesday:
Persistence and Resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult times...Gerver Tulley
Mistakes ALLOWS THINKING TO HAPPEN
Properties of Polygons
Unit 8: Session 1.4 Relationships Among Polygons
Learning I can use attributes to classify quadrilaterals.
I can identify the properties of categories of quadrilaterals.
I can recognize that a polygon can belong to more than one category.
1. Today you going to take a quiz based on what you have learned about polygons, specifically triangle and quadrilaterals. Please take your time.
2. Click on this form for the Quiz Unit 8 Session 1.4 QUIZ
3. Practice your MobyMax Fact Fluency!
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
Reading/Writing (45-60 minutes)
Title: Darnell Rock Reporting by Walter Dean Myers
Click the blue links for access activities/links
***Remember -When using on line Jouneys' materials, you can type in the page number you want at the top of the screen and click "the arrow".
Learning - I can identify the author's purpose for writing.
1. Read "Dig Deeper" on p. 582-583 by clicking the link e-book.
2. Reread "Darnell Rock Reporting" p. 568-581 by clicking the link e-book. As you reread, note details about Darnell's relationship with the homeless man, his article in the newspaper, his speech before the city council, and his feelings. Also look for text evidence related to Linda's argument, her speech, and her character. Finally, note how the story ends.
3. Fill out the Author's Purpose graphic organizer on Microsoft Teams. Think about these questions to help identify the theme and the author's purpose for writing.
- Why does the author focus more on Darnell's argument than on Linda's?
- How does this focus help you identify the theme and the author's purpose for writing?
4. Independent Reading- Don't forget to keep up with your reading. You can record the minutes you read on this Reading Calendar.
Today is our library day. Check out the interactive Scholastic News Article (also includes a video, game, vocabulary and other activities)
Also, remember to work on the Science assignment from Monday and/or the Social Studies assignment from Tuesday.
They are due Friday