Welcome to My Class Homepage
Hello Theatre Arts Students!
I pray that everyone is safe and healthy. As we deal wth this pandemic, please find a monologue/play/scene/movie to reand/and or watch. I have attached some questions that you should read over and answer in regards to your chosen piece(s).
I am encouraging you all to find a monologue to study and perform. You are welcome to video your performance of the monologue for discussion and critique. you can email your videos to me at email@example.com. If at all possible, please choose two contrasting monologues (Drama and Comedy) If you cannot find one, contact me and I will assist you. During times like this, history has shown us that society turns to the arts to ease their pain, frustration and anxiety. We are storytellers and thus we are charged with helping people to live out their fanrasies and escape into the worlds of the characters that we portray.
There is nothing like live theatre ! Each of you are ANGELS and capable of giving society what it needs right now: A sense of relief and escape through your talent.
As you turn in your assignments for your chosen pieces, you will be graded with a class participation grade.
Until we are able to meet again face to face, please know that I am thinking of each and every one of you!
Stay SAFE and HEALTHY!!!
*** i have been able to contact some of you with an idea I have. I'd like for us to create an "Online Coffee House" performance! I'm thinking that yu could submit videos of yourselves performing monologues, dances, playing instruments, singing and we could then put it all together for an online enteertainment extravaganza! please feel free to start working on some pieces and again you can submit to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.***
THEATRE ARTS QUESTIONNAIRE
- WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THE MONOLOGUE/PLAY/FILM?
- WHO IS THE PLAYWRITE/SCREENWRITER/DIRECTOR?
- WHAT IS THE PLOT OF THE STORY?
- WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS PIECE?
- WHO ARE THE PROTAGONISTS AND ANTAGONISTS IN THE PIECE?
- WHICH CHARACTER DO YOU MOST IDENTIFY WITH AND WHY?
- WHAT ARE YOUR ANSWERS TO CREATING CHARACTER QUESTIONS IN REGARDS TO YOUR CHOSEN PIECE?
- WHAT SOCIAL IMPACT DOES THE PIECE HAVE ON YOU?
- WHAT SOCIAL IMPACT DOES THE PIECE HAVE ON SOCIETY?
- WHAT ARE THE TECHNICAL ELEMENTS OF THE PIECE AND HOW DO THEY ENHANCE THE STORY?
- WHO AM I?
- WHAT DO I WANT?
- WHAT DO I DO TO GET WHAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS IN MY WAY?
- WHERE AM I?
- WHAT SURROUNDS ME?
- WHAT TIME IS IT?
- WHAT IS THE SITUATION?
- WHAT IS MY RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS IN THE SITUATION?