CEEB Code: 334170
In anticipation of students returning to school with a multitude of social-emotional needs, we have created “Student Support Centers”. This is not merely a change in location of staff, but a change in mindset to providing human resources for students in one location.
Student Support Centers will make accessibility to Administrators, Deans and Counselors easier for students and will also make collaboration about each student more efficient for the Team members.
Monday & Tuesday - Blue Team
Wednesday - No Students, all virtual learning
Thursday & Friday - Gold Team
Every student at NFHS is assigned to a school counselor. Ninth grade students are split into teams and each student reports to the counselor for that team. While 10th - 12th grade students are assigned counselors by the student last name. Early College students have their own counselor. Please see below for your child's counselor assignment.> When a student is having issues in school or at home, their school counselor can meet with them in order to identify the issue and develop a plan to resolve it. Students are welcomed and encouraged to see their school counselor on a regular basis. Counselors will:
- Help student learn about themselves and their relationship with others
- Assist student in planning their school program
- Provide information about colleges and careers
- Provide individual counseling to students and refer to outside agencies and/or professionals when necessary
- Conference with parents, teachers, and administrators regarding students' behaviors, attendance, and academic progress