How to set up a Parent Portal Account
We are pleased to offer the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Parents and guardians can have one login to access all of their student’s grades and attendance in one place. Also, parents and guardians will not have to share logins as each parent or guardian can set up his or her own unique login and password. Please follow the directions below to get started using the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Go to the “PowerSchool Parent Portal” log in page:
www.nfschools.net then click on the Parent Portal (A+) at the top right.
- Choose Create Account
- At the top of the screen fill in your information including new password, which must be at least 6 characters.
First Name – Enter your first name.
Last Name – Enter your last name.
Email – Enter your email address.
Desired User Name – Enter the user name you would like to use when logging into the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The user name must be unique. If you enter a user name that is already in use, you will be prompted to select or enter another user name.
Password – Must be a minimum of 6 characters. When entering your password a
colored bar will appear to the right – this indicates the strength of the password.
The more color that fills up the bar, the stronger the password.
Re-enter Password – Re-enter your password. The password you enter must match the Password field.
- At the bottom of the screen enter the Student Name, Access ID, Access Password, and choose a relationship to link your student(s) to your new login. If you have more than one student you can enter all of their names, Access IDs, and Access Passwords on this page. Once all information has been entered click enter. Access IDS and Passwords can be obtained from your child’s school or by calling 286-4212 during normal business hours.
Once you click enter you will be taken to the Parent Portal log in screen and should see the following:
You can now log into the Parent Portal using the User Name and Password you created. Once you are logged into the Parent Portal you can manage your account by clicking the Account Preferences button. If you have more than one student, you will see buttons to switch between your student’s information.
PARENTS' BILL OF RIGHTS FOR DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY
The Niagara Falls City School District is committed to protecting the privacy and security of student data and teacher and principal data. In accordance with New York Education Law Section 2-d and its implementing regulations, the District informs the school community of the following:
- A student's personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record.
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
- A complete list of all student data elements collected by New York State is available for public review at the following website http://www.nysed.gov/student-data-privacy/student-data-inventory or by writing to the Office of Information and Reporting Services, New York State Education Department, Room 865 EBA, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234.
- Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints should be directed in writing to Privacy Complaint, Chief Privacy Officer, New York State Education Department, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234. Complaints may also be submitted using the form available at the following website http://www.nysed.gov/student-data-privacy/form/report-improper-disclosure.