Niagara Falls City School District TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
District Transportation Coordinator
State-subsidized bus transportation is provided free to all children grades K through 12 who live more than 1.5 miles from the schools they attend.
Public and non-public school students do not need to apply. Eligibility will automatically be determined by computer registration at the students' respective schools. Transportation for special education students will be determined by the Committee on Special Education. Parents must inform the child's school of any address change to ensure services.
A student is the responsibility of the school district while he or she is on the school bus. Since the school bus is an extension of the classroom, the Board of Education shall require students to conduct themselves on the bus in a manner consistent with established standards for classroom behavior and shall, therefore, approve rules and regulations regarding school bus transportation.
School bus regulations shall be enforced by bus drivers, bus associates and the Transportation Office in coordination with the school principals. Students who become serious disciplinary problems may have their riding privileges suspended or revoked. In such cases, the parents of the children involved shall be duly notified and will become responsible for the transportation of their children to and from school.
Bus Rule Violations
The following is a list of bus rule violations that may lead to a suspension in bus service:
- Riding a bus other than your assigned bus without permission.
- Smoking, eating or drinking on the bus.
- Disruptive behavior of any kind, including fighting, shouting, screaming, throwing objects and harassing or distracting the bus driver.
- Tampering with emergency equipment.
- Destruction or defacement of any part of the bus.
- Refusing the request of a bus driver or bus associate.
- Disruptive behavior outside the bus, including banging the bus body, throwing projectiles, hanging onto the bus while in motion.
If you have any further questions regarding your child’s transportation, please feel free to contact the Transportation Office at 286-4239.