How to set up a Parent Portal Account
We are pleased to offer the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Parents and guardians can have one login to access all of their student’s grades and attendance in one place. Also, parents and guardians will not have to share logins as each parent or guardian can set up his or her own unique login and password. Please follow the directions below to get started using the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
PowerSchool SIS Parent Quick Start Guide Portal
Creating a New PowerSchool Parent Portal Account
PARENTS' BILL OF RIGHTS FOR DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY
The Niagara Falls City School District is committed to protecting the privacy and security of student data and teacher and principal data. In accordance with New York Education Law Section 2-d and its implementing regulations, the District informs the school community of the following:
- A student's personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record.
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
- A complete list of all student data elements collected by New York State is available for public review at the following website http://www.nysed.gov/student-data-privacy/student-data-inventory or by writing to the Office of Information and Reporting Services, New York State Education Department, Room 865 EBA, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234.
- Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints should be directed in writing to Privacy Complaint, Chief Privacy Officer, New York State Education Department, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234. Complaints may also be submitted using the form available at the following website http://www.nysed.gov/student-data-privacy/form/report-improper-disclosure.