Niagara Falls City School District PTECH
P-TECH is a public education reform program that integrates early access to college courses with early career preparation. P-TECH schools span grades 9-14 and enable students to earn both a high school diploma and a no-cost, two-year postsecondary degree in a STEM field. Students participate in a range of workplace experiences, including mentorship, worksite visits and paid internships. Upon graduation, our students have the academic and professional skills required to either continue their education in a four-year postsecondary institution or enter into entry-level careers in Mechanical Technology. While the P-TECH Model encompasses six years, students are able to move at their own pace, enabling some to accelerate through the model in as little as four years. P-TECH serves all students regardless of background.
The ideal student:
- - Is interested in real world applications of math and science
- - Is interested in using math and science to solve challenging problems
- - Is willing to put forth the effort to obtain a college degree
- - Is interested in early access to college courses
- - Is interested in work place internships while in high school