Log onto Clever using your student ID for both the username and password. All apps for the classroom can be found there.
You student ID is on your schedule.
Places to find books:
Audible (free books right now) click here for audible
*go for a walk and listen to a book, help out a neighbor by cleaning their yard, do the dishes or clean your room and get your Friday work done:)
Niagara Falls Public Library ebooks
The Hate U Give (movie on Nextflix)
Heroes, Gods and Monsters of Greek Myths
Inside Out and Back Again
The Call of the Wild
Journal Questions for Reading Reflection
You keep these in a notebook in Microsoft 365 unless otherwise told. Keep this heading:
Title and page numbers read Period
Bold questions can be used for non-fiction
- Explain the connection between the cover art and the title;
- How does the conflict contribute to the plot line?
- Analyze how the setting influences the characters;
- Explain how the text structure assists you to comprehend the information;
- Discuss the character you like most and explain why?
- Discuss the character you like the least and explain why?
- In your opinion, what is the next decision the protagonist is going to make and why?
- Is this book meeting your expectations? Explain why or why not in detail.
- Would you recommend this book, why or why not? (make sure to utilize literary elements or text structure)
- Analyze the changes the dynamic character makes in the story;
- Draw symbols that represent characters, important parts of the plot or connections to life.
When answering questions keep in mind to answer them using short answer techniques and punctuation.
RACE to the right answer
Restate the answer
Answer the question
Cite two (2) details to support your answer or claim
Explain why your details connect to your answer or support it
Don't forget to check your work!!
1. Set your purpose for reading
2. Highlight information that supports your purpose
3. Annotate after you highlight (Why is it important? or Connections to the end of unit target)
4. Reread in chunks if you can't answer the question