Welcome to My Classroom
8th Grade Social Studies
Assignments for 40 weeks:
To access the Great Depression assignment click the blue link below
The Great Depression Packet should be completed over 2 weeks.
* Week 1 (April 13-20): Start of depression (Questions 1-4), Hoover Administration (Questions 1-4), and People React to the Depression (Questions 1-4).
* Week 2 (April 21-27): Roosevelt and the New Deal (Questions 1-4 and 1-2), The Dust Bowl (Questions 1-4).
To access the WWII assignment click the blue link below
The WWII assignment should be completed over 3 weeks.
* Week 1 (April 27-May 1): Causes of WWII (Questions 1-6), US Homefront (Questions 1-5).
* Week 2 (May 4-May 8): Holocaust and Internment Camps (Questions 1-7), End of WWII (Questions 1-4).
* Week 3 (May 11-May 15): Document Practice (Questions 1-16)
To access the Cold War assignment click on the link below
The Cold War assignment will take us to the end of the year (last assignment)
* Week 1 (May 18-22): Start of Cold War and Policies of Cold War
* Week 2 (May 25-29): Arms and Space Race and Fallout Shelters
* Week 3 (June 1-5): Korean and Vietnam War
I have also incuded sample Multiple Choice Final Exam for practice. It is not required and will not be graded. If you would like to check your progress for the year you can take the test. I provided an answer key at the end of the multiple choice.
Reminder: All assignments are due by June 5. Please go back and complete missed assignment. You can hand in any assignment until June 5, 2020
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me on Remind or email (email link above).
Class Name: Social Studies room 301
Class Code: @dg9ag