WE HOPE THAT YOU ARE CONTINUING TO STAY SAFE AND WELL. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ASSIGNMENTS SHOULD BE WORKED ON A LITTLE AT A TIME EACH DAY. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL LIKE YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO WORK ON CLASSWORK ALL DAY. THEY ARE MEANT TO BE HELPFUL, NOT STRESSFUL. THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOUR ARE DOING WITH YOUR CHILD AT HOME. WE MISS YOU!
MRS. PICCIRILLO, MISS AVERSA, MISS EVERTS, & MRS. JONES
At home work log- with your child, please try to keep track of their work on this log. If possible, please e-mail it back to me on Friday! (If not, please log their work in a journal, take a picture and e-mail it to me! My e-mail is located on the welcome page)
TOPIC- Growing Food
SIGHT WORDS- (review week)
her, when, said, by, them, give, she, all
This is my favorite lesson every year! Usually we would make a couple different kinds of bread together in school and have them for snack.
Here is a simple Banana Bread recipe to make at home- Banana Bread Recipe
Read Aloud Book: Bread Comes to Life
Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkJ3-plxswM
Big Book: Pie in the Sky
Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TceUMI4jBpE
- Click below to listen to the story online- Bread Comes to Life
- Writing- How do people get food from plants?
(EXAMPLE: People can pick apples off an apple tree. They can eat the apples.)
(EXAMPLE of a picture to match: draw a picture of an apple tree.)
- 5 minutes of fun ELA from our ELA page
Sight words- her, when, said, by, them, give, she, all
Suggestions for Sight Words-
Practice writing words, use them in a sentence, do a word hunt in your favorite book, write them on flash cards!
- Practice writing your numbers 1-30 (& beyond)
- Count out loud to a family member from 1-100
- Complete this Pattern Block sheet
- Complete this Drawing Shape sheet
- Complete this At Home Shape Hunt sheets
- Complete this Color by Addition sheet
CVC-e long O Video-
Practice tapping out, reading, & writing CVC-e words: (Focus on the long /o/ sound)
- Practice long vowel /O/ words here: Long O Words
- Do this CVC-e worksheets: Long O Worksheets
Make a Rain Gauge!