PRINCIPAL'S MESSAGE2022-2023 School Year
Welcome to Bloneva Bond Primary School!
As a school in Good Standing, we focus on meeting the needs of the “Whole Child” at Bloneva Bond Primary.
Our school focus is:
- Frequent support and education of student and staff social-emotional well-being.
- Purposeful and active student engagement in student learning through frequent movement.
- The exploration, celebration, and engagement with our students, families, and staff regarding Multi-Culturalism & Diversity.
- School-Wide programming centered around social-emotional learning.
- UB Trauma Institute Professional Development and Training for staff.
- Student Social Emotional push in lessons.
- Implementation of the Move This World Program.
- Tiered Social-Emotional interventions for all students.
Active Student Engagement
- Student SMART folders to track student progress.
- Teacher Data Chats to identify student strengths, areas for growth, and goals.
- Student Math and Movement for multi-sensory and movement-based learning.
- Guided Reading: Literacy Footprints 30 minutes per day.
- STEM instruction weekly that encourages observation, questioning, and stresses the engineering design process.
Multi-Culture & Diversity Exploration, Celebration, and Engagement with students, families, and staff
- A Multi-Cultural & Diversity Team will meet monthly to plan student, staff, and family activities.
- Monthly Multi-Cultural themes revolving around the celebration of various cultures and countries.
- Multi-Cultural guest speakers and performances.