Niagara Falls High School School – Parent Compact
At Niagara Falls High School, we believe a collective commitment between school and home is an essential element for student success! As partners in the educational process, the school and parents work cooperatively to provide for the successful education of the children and agree to the following:
The school agrees to:
- offer a flexible number of meetings at various times for parents.
- continue school-wide and summer reading camp programs.
- provide individual student assessment results for each child and other pertinent individual and school district education information.
- provide high quality curriculum and instruction.
- utilize an automated dialing system to report absences.
- deal with communication issues between teachers and parents through:
- parent-teacher conferences
- frequent reports to parents on their children’s progress, reasonable access to staff
- opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and observation of classroom activities
- provide a weekly meeting time for every Grade 9 parent and student.
- assure that parents may participate in professional development activities if school determines that it is appropriate and funds are available, i.e., literacy classes, workshops on reading strategies.
- be available for support.
The parents agree to:
- become involved in developing, implementing, evaluating, and revising the School parent-involvement policy.
- use or ask for training that the local education authority or school may offer on child-rearing practices and teaching and learning strategies.
- monitor our child's /children's:
- attendance at school
- after school activities
- academic performance
- share the responsibility for improved student achievement.
- communicate with our child/children’s teachers about the educational needs.
- read with our children.