Mr. Joseph Bellonte
- If you are an adult in the community and working in a business or trade and would like to volunteer to help our students succeed, please contact me for the 2020-2021 school year.
- We have many programs here at Niagara Falls High School that would benefit from your expertise. It won't cost you a thing, except some of your time.
Senior Internship program: This course is taught in the Business Department and students will have an opportunity to work in an area of interest, getting real experience in the world of work. Students are required to complete 54 hours to get credit for this often life-changing course.
New for 2020-21 Entrenpreneurship: We are offering this valuable course to our students which will enable them to learn the process of business. Students will be given the tools to understand the dynamics of starting and working a real business. Our hopes are to have this as a practicum where students may go the the Small Business Incubator to work and learn from successful Entrepreneurs. Again this course will be offered through our Business Department.
All students that sign up for these courses also get the value added bonus of completing enough hours to recieve a CDOS Designation on their diplomas upon graduation. This means to businesses that students with this CDOS Certificate will have the necessary entry-level skills to be successful in the workplace.
Volunteering to work with students has many benefits
- It allows you to give back to your community
- It builds capacity that ensures success within the community with future entrenpreneurs and business professionals, as well as needed trades people
- By your volunteering, you're helping all of our kids become successful. If they succeed, we all succceed.
- Volunteering time with kids allows one to feel a sence of accomplishment and well being
Please feel free to call me at 286-7013 or e-mail at Jbellonte@nfschools.net if you or your organization are interested in working with our students.
There is also an opportunity for you to come to our students, instead of having our students come to you.
J.A. has been partnering for years with NFHS, coming to our business classes. JA is always in need of volunteers. Volunteers would have the opportunity to teach one of the many time-tested JA courses such as: Financial Literacy, Business Ethics, Stock Market Challenge, and many more. With the number of students we need to service, it can be quite challenging to find enough volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering with JA at NFHS, you can either contact me or call them directly.
Please contact Alicia Ivancie at JA: (716) 853-1381
Alicia will gladly sign you up to work with our students and will provide you with the training and tools that would allow you to come to NFHS and work with our students. It's just a phone call away.
Need to re-tool yourself? Interested in High Skill, High Pay, High Demand jobs?
Northland Workforce Training Center may be the place for you, especially if you are a graduating senior or an adult in the community. Please visit their website by clicking on "Northland Workforce Training Center" above. They have many programs to get you back in the Career and Technical Workforce (CTE). They partner with ECC and Alfred School of Technology, so that when you graduate you will have an Associate degree and a job!
Please give James Cantella, outreach specialist, a call at (716) 436-3229 or email at Jcantella@northlandwtc.org.
James will arrange to meet with you individually and get your future started.