As a refresher, have your child go through each sound card and tell you the letter, picture, and sound that goes with it.
Ex: A, apple, /a/. This will be a helpful tool when sounding out new words or learning to spell new words.
For additional sight word practice you can..
- Make cards for each word
- Write each word out a couple times & then try to write it in a sentence
- Try to use two or three words in a sentence
We are beginning Unit 5 this week (4/13) of Journey's and starting with the first 6 words. We have already learned the words up to Unit 5.
For addtional practice with these words you can..
- Go through these words with your child to see which words they still need to practice and make cards for those words
- Practice wrting these words a couple times or write them in a sentence
- Look for these words in books you have at home