Delayed Start Plan
The purpose of a delayed start to schools is to allow time for weather and/or work conditions to change so that school attendance is possible. A delayed start to the school day may allow for temperatures to rise in the morning or to allow more time for roads, sidewalks, and/or lots to be cleared. The determination of this will be made by the Superintendent of Schools.
If a delayed start is called, schools will start accordingly:
- Elementary 10:45 a.m. (8:45 a.m. normal start)
- Prep 9:35 a.m. (7:35 a.m. normal start)
- NFHS 10:15 a.m. (8:15 a.m. normal start) Dismissal times will remain the same as any usual school day, per division.
All staff will report to work on the same delayed schedule as students.
- After a delayed start opening, each levels will determine how the remainder of the day will be structured
- Out of District bussing will continue at normal times
- A.M. BOCES will report to NFHS and be supervised until classes begin. Additional substitutes may be needed.
- Parochial schools will follow the District schedule
- Teacher compensation for loss of planning time will not be granted
- Schools will offer a continental type breakfast, lunches will be served at the usual times
- Key delayed start information will be printed on the student bus schedules and will be printed on bus cards in Grades PreK-8
- A communication plan will be established to inform all stakeholders