Kalfas Elementarty School Physical Education Department
Mr. DeRosa – P.E. Teacher
- Mandated by NYS that all students participate in physical education.
- Grades Pre-k--6 require students to change into P.E. attire, which includes T-shirt, shorts, sweats, socks, and sneakers.
- During the swim unit, students will need a bathing suit and towel. (Goggles and swim caps are optional)
- Students with inhalers or other medical needs should see the nurse prior to P.E. class.
- If a student needs to be excused from P.E., a written request from the parent/guardian is necessary.
- Students excused for more than one week (2 classes) must provide a physician’s note to the school nurse.
- No Jewelry will be allowed in the gym or pool. This includes ear rings and watches.
- VALUABLES and glass containers should not be brought in the locker room.
- If you are required to wear eyeglasses you must wear them.
- Grading will be based on achievement, student’s effort/participation, and also preparation for class.
- District fitness testing will be conducted in grades 3 and 5 throughout the year
- Fitness scores are not included in students final grade