How To Protect Your Children from Internet Dangers:
Kids Top 10 Rules
For Staying Safe For the Child:
For the Parent: Warning Signs to Watch For
- Never give out identifying information such as your address, phone number, school name, town, etc. in chat rooms, forums, forms or questionnaires.
- Never agree to meet anyone in person that you have met online.
- Never reply to any email, chat messages, or forum items that make you feel uncomfortable.
- Never send information or pictures to anyone over the Internet that you do not know.
- Never give your password to anyone except your parents, no matter who they say they are.
- Be aware that people may not be who they say they are. Someone who says she is a 10-year old girl may really be an older man.
- Never click on links in emails from people you don't know.
- Don't order anything or give anyone credit card information without your parents' permission.
- Always tell your parents if someone upsets you or makes you uncomfortable.
- Always follow your parents' rules regarding computer use.
* Your child quickly changes what is on the screen when you walk in the room.
* Your child stays up late at night talking to friends online.
* You notice links to inappropriate sites in the history section of the browser.