Welcome to 2nd Grade!
I am very excited we will have our Open House on Tuesday, September 5th, from 4:30 to 6:30 pm this year! During this time, you will have a chance to visit our classroom and I will also provide you with information about our curriculum, expectations for the school year, and answer any other questions you may have.
For the upcoming school year, remember to have your child bring a book bag to school everyday. A Homework Folder will be given to your child. This should be kept in your child’s book bag. Work papers and important messages will be sent home in this folder. This folder needs to be checked everyday by a parent/guardian. Sometimes children forget to tell you when something is brought home or needs to be signed or returned.
1) A book bag.
2) 3 boxes of No. 2 pencils (sharpened, if possible)
3) A pouch or pencil zipper bag
4) 2 boxes of crayons
5) A crayon box holder
6) 1 box of dry erase markers
7) 1 black marbled composition notebook
8) Pocket Folders: 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue
9) 2 large boxes of Kleenex for our classroom supply
10) 2 bottles of hand sanitizer
* I will provide your child with writing journals, a homework folder, glue sticks, and extra pencils and crayons and markers throughout the year.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you and your child and having a successful school year!
2nd Grade Teacher