NFHS Local History ClubAdvisor: Mrs. Fortin-Nossavage, email@example.comDescription: It is the mission of the Local History Club to involve students in understanding and preserving the rich local history of Niagara Falls and Niagara County; and to assist and encourage them to maintain high standards in their academics, as well as, exemplary attendance in both school and after school events.The Local History Club will provide the opportunity for students to:
- Develop and hone their civic duties/advocacy, research skills, communication skills, and historic preservation skills
- Create memories, form friendships, and build character
- Learn about the different local landmarks and historic people and events that shaped our city, region, and nation. (Native American cultures, Early explorers-LaSalle, Hennepin, etc., Fort Niagara, War of 1812, Niagara Movement and Underground Railroad sites, Tesla and Hydroelectric power, The Pan-American Exposition, Bell Aerospace and local Rosie the Riveters, Manhattan Project, UN proposal for Navy Island, etc.
- Participate in the preservation of local history resources and landmarks
- Offer students multiple opportunities for service learning and/or community service
Questions about the club can be directed to Ms. Fortin in Room 426 or by calling (716) 278-5800, ext. 41426.Meetings: Meeting information, dates and times will be shared as available via the school announcements, flyers posted at NFHS, and OSC-TV.