Common Questions for Admissions Representatives
The following questions are some of the most commonly asked by high school juniors and seniors to admissions representatives.
Use these questions to assist you in the college decisions making process. Ask the following icebreaker questions to the representatives visiting Niagara Falls High School. Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity.
- What is the difference between a private and public college or university? \
- How do I schedule a campus visit?
- What are your most recent alumni doing? What kind of jobs did they get right out of school? Make sure to ask about specific majors.
- Do you use any part-time professors, assistant professors or graduate students to teach within the classroom?
- What is the average class size, freshman-senior year?
- Is a student accepted into their respective major, or do they need to apply once they are a student?
- How safe is your campus, parking lots, housing, academic and social facilities?
- How strong is your academic advisement and tutorial center?
- Does your college accept AP high school courses? What do you need on the test to have it count?
- What percentage of your student body live on campus?
- How strong is your campus alumni association?
- What type of Residence Life does your college offer, dorms or housing? How many students typically live together by room and facility? Is housing assured to everyone? How does your college decide where a student will live? Are housing students allowed to have a car during a freshman year?
- Does your college residences provide Internet access?
- What is your college's tuition cost? Does that cost count all fees, such as parking, books, tutorial, or is this a separate cost?
- What types of clubs/organizations does your college have?
- What type of computer research system does your college have, and are the students allowed to use it?
- What do I need to do to complete your college admissions process? Is an essay required? If yes, what should I write about?
- When should I apply? Is there an application fee? Can it be waived? Do I meet the requirements to have it waived?
- Do I need an Admissions interview? Is it required, or just strongly suggested? What type of questions will be discussed?
- What is the academic requirement of your college, GPA, SAT scores, ACT scores? Do any of the outside activities that I participated in count in the admissions decisions?
- When should I begin the financial aid process? What is the average freshman award? Does your award get smaller throughout your education, and do your loans get bigger?
- Do you offer academic or athletic scholarships? What are they?
- What division is your athletic program?
- Do you offer a study abroad program?
- Are there any deadlines that I need to be aware of?
- Can I come for an overnight visit, or shadow a current student in the same major of my interest? Is there a cost? When can I come?
- When is your schools Open House?